Event Planning Volunteer
Project Coordinator and Chair of Women Who Inspire Committee
Type of Position
Long-term (3 months or more)
Description and Details
Founded in 1982, the Canadian Council of Muslim Women (CCMW) is a national not-for-profit organization committed to equality, equity, and empowerment of all Canadian Muslim women.
Help us celebrate Canadian Muslim women:
- Contact and schedule vendors, entertainment and special guests.
- Manage invitee list and coordinate ticket sales tracking.
- Monitor event timeline to ensure deadlines are met.
- Plan event day volunteer roles.
- Support set up and take down of event.
- Attend monthly committee meeting in person or by teleconference.
- Most of the planning can be done from home, except when visiting potential venues, sourcing supplies, and on the event day.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution; background in Business Administration, Public Relations or Event Management preferred.
- Exceptional proficiency with MS Office and Eventbrite.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines, completing projects on time with professionalism.
- Ability to perform independently as well as with a team.
- Works well in a fast-paced time sensitive environment.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic, creative and resourceful leaders to organize our Women Who Inspire Awards and Brunch in Toronto.
- Proactive and be passionate about seeing an event through from planning to implementation.
- Agree to CCMW’s mandate and Guiding Principles.
Benefits to Volunteering:
- Contribute your skills and time to truly make a difference in the lives of Canadian Muslim women
- Gain experience in event planning (reference letter may be provided at the completion of the event)
- Flexible schedule
Submit your cover letter, resume and a letter of reference by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, April 22, 2017 at 5 pm.