We are busy recruiting for our Opportunity Knocks program – If you have youth who are interested in the food service / hospitality industry, please connect with one of our Employment Advisors – Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org / 416.925.2103 x 4223 or Katie at email@example.com / 416.925.2103 x 4303.
The program consists of PAID pre-employment training and a job placement in the food industry. They also acquire their food handler, health and safety, and smart serve certificates. Upon successful completion of the placement, the youth receive a financial bonus.
- Experiencing barriers to employment
- 18-30 years old
- Out of school and out of work
- Eligible to work in Canada
Here are some success stories from our program this past year:
- Zach was placed at a fine cheese store, where he was promoted to assistant manager after demonstrating fantastic customer service skills and unwavering reliability. He continues to rise to the occasion, demonstrating superb product knowledge and management skills.
- Mary was placed at a country club as a server in the casual dining area. She impressed her supervisor so much that she was given a three dollar raise upon finishing her placement. She continues to thrive and has paved the way for future participants.
- Star is a trans youth who expressed concern about finding a placement in an environment that would be supportive to their identity. They were placed at fine foods boutique in the heart of the LGBT community, where they impressed their boss so much that they were given a raise and more responsibility at the end of their placement. They continue to furnish their community with excellent customer service and yummy food.