Newcomer Youth Leadership Development (NYLD) Program Assistant
YMCA Newcomer Youth Leadership Development Program at North York is looking for adult allies to become Volunteer Program Assistants for the summer and fall!
The Newcomer Youth Leadership Development Program (NYLD) is a unique leadership-based settlement program for newcomer youth and their families with a focus on integration, settlement, skill-building, volunteerism and community involvement. For more information please visit our website http://www.ymcagta.org/nyld
- Assist staff in planning, running, and set up and take down of NYLD activities.
- Assist with program preparation (e.g. photocopying, planning games and activities, calling participants, etc.).
- Assist with running of weekly activities including supervising outings and ensuring the safety of the youth, planning and facilitating icebreakers and teambuilding activities and helping with activity set up and post-activity clean up (if needed).
- Assist with special event planning and delivery.
- Minimum age 21.
- Successful applicants to this role will need to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening from their local police service before their first day of volunteering and every three years on the anniversary of their first day of volunteering.
- Experience working or volunteering with youth (ages 13-24).
- Strong English language skills (written and oral).
- Experience and sensitivity dealing with people from different cultural, racial and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Familiarity with the city of Toronto - including public transportation.
- Responsible, punctual, outgoing and friendly.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an interest in pursuing a career working with youth/newcomers.
The school year program runs from September to June. A volunteer will be required one day after school during the week and occasionally on other weeknights or weekends for special activities. The summer program runs from the beginning of July to the end of August. Activities will be held three times a week during day time hours, plus occasional evenings, weekend trips, or special events.
Toronto Dufferin Street YMCA Centre4580 Dufferin Street, Unit 200, North York, ON M3H 5Y2
To Apply for this Position:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more inquiries, please contact:
Euan HwangNewcomer Youth Advisor, Toronto Dufferin Street YMCA Centre4580 Dufferin Street, Unit 200, North York, ON M3H 5Y2Telephone: 416-630-0330 Ext. 31090 Email: email@example.com