Deadline unknown. Please visit website for detailed information.
- Answers inquiries and complaints received on all 311 access channels (including but not limited to; telephone, email, in person)
- Explains policies and procedures to the public, refers calls to proper authorities when necessary, initiates service requests and records related information
- Uses specialized knowledge in multiple functional areas to carry out duties in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Conducts research and analysis to develop service options for interested parties
- Provides effective verbal and written communications to all inquiries and requests for City services
- Utilizes customer service skills to effectively respond to inquiries and service requests
- Uses knowledge of City operations to guide customers and advocate on their behalf
- Liaises with internal divisions, Emergency Services, and contracted service providers.
- Enters, retrieves and interprets data in customer relationship management and/or work management system databases
- Refers escalated issues to the supervisor and/or manager when applicable
- Interprets and provides information on compliance requirements for applicable legislation, by-laws, policies and procedures
- Utilizes delegated authority to make decisions and critical recommendations (e g. approve eligibility for licensing)
- Performs general clerical duties as required
- Redirects calls as necessary and may perform message taking function
- Keeps informed on activities of the City
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable experience working in a high volume call/contact centre environment, preferably receiving inbound calls.
- Considerable experience providing customer service utilizing various mediums including but not limited to, phone, email and social media channels such as Twitter.
- Considerable experience analyzing, recording and reporting data.
- Considerable experience with data entry and maintaining large multi-screen databases and managing large volumes of information.
- Experience conducting research, extracting and interpreting information from various databases and software applications, including Internet search engines, MS Word and Excel.
You Must Also Have:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to problem-solve with minimal direction.
- Ability to deal with difficult clients, de-escalate and diffuse challenging situations and successfully resolve customer issues in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, tact and diplomacy when dealing with members of the public, media, and elected officials.
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent keyboarding and proof reading skills with emphasis on accuracy.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to interpret and provide compliance information on legislation as it relates to specific program areas.
- Knowledge of contact centre principles and practices.
- Must be available to work varied shifts including evenings, nights, weekends and statutory/religious holidays.
- Must be available to work overtime when required.
311 Toronto provides service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
This is a part time position. Please note that part-time hours can range from 3-30 hours per week, Monday through to Sunday.